Thursday, July 17, 2014

Someday my Prince will come.

I am all the anger right now.

A couple of days ago, on Facebook, I was contacted by someone claiming to be a pastor in Nigeria. He was looking to buy Bibles for his congregation and was wondering if my church could help. I told him I would certainly be interested in helping, and so asked for some information on where to send the Bibles.

He explained that mail was problematic those days and just money would be fine.

I explained that if mail was problematic that cash wasn't going to do much better than Bibles, and so asked again. He reluctantly gave some more information.

I was starting to feel a bit suspicious, and so started doing some research. Before I could get anything conclusive, his Facebook account was blocked as a source of spam and abuse. I had been really suspicious... his page, which was relatively new, was full of people with titles like "Evangelist" and "Bishop" all wishing good luck in ministry to their new friend.

Seems the guy had a con going.

I know this happens periodically but I have to admit I'm a bit miffed about being contacted by the con for pastors. Couldn't it have been a beautiful Nigerian princess? Or even a prince? Hit me up saying you want to love me and make me rich, APPEAL TO MY EGO, DARN IT!

Sigh.

Someday my Nigerian Prince will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment